Views are that of the author, may not reflect those of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Canadian Olympic Athletes, coaches, and fans joined together to celebrate the Opening Ceremony of the Sochi 2014 Winter Games.
Located in the Coastal Cluster, the Opening Ceremony took place at Fisht Olympic Stadium starting at 20:14 Moscow Time. Earlier in the day, the Women’s Hockey Team took in their last full practice before the Opening Ceremony and their first match up with the Swiss Hockey Team tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, many athletes enjoyed the double-digit temperatures around Olympic Village in the Coastal Cluster. #WEAREWINTER: this is our playground
7. Women’s Snowboarder Mercedes Nicoll at Opening Ceremony
6. Women’s Hockey Team at Practice – Goalie Shannon Szabados and teammates
5. Women’s and Men’s Sled Teams by Arianne Jones
4. Curling Teammates – Men’s Brad Jacobs and Cody Sorensen with Women’s Jill Officer waiting to enter Fisht Stadium during Opening Ceremony
3. Ski Jumper Atsuko Tanaka and teammates, posing with the Olympic rings in Athlete’s Village in the Coastal Cluster, Sochi
2. Moguls Skier Mikael Kingsbury taking in the Opening Ceremony along with Team Canada
1. Flag Bearer: Hayley Wickenheiser leading Team Canada into Fisht Olympic Stadium during the Opening Ceremony.