Views are that of the author, may not reflect those of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Each day of the Olympic Games, we will feature the Top 7 Canadian Olympic Athlete Photos drawn from the Bell Olympic Lens Fan-powered Photo Experience http://lens.olympic.ca.
Team Canada’s medal success continues on Day 2 of the Sochi 2014 Winter Games with a Silver medal in the Figure Skating Team Competition. Kevin Reynolds, who was a last minute replacement for Patrick Chan, landed 3 spectacular quad jumps scoring 167.92 points to finish 2nd in the Men’s Free Skate, giving Team Canada a huge lead over 3rd place United States.
Figure Skating pair Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir finished 2nd to American rivals in the event-closing Ice Dance Free Skate. Patrick Chan started the Team Competition event with a 3rd place performance in Men’s Short. Kevin Reynolds, 23 year old of North Vancouver, replaced 3-time World Champion Patrick Chan in the long program so that Patrick Chan could focus on his individual competition later in the Sochi Games. Women’s Figure Skater Kaetlyn Osmond is the first female from Newfoundland to win an Olympic Medal.
7. Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe awarded their Gold and Silver medals in Women’s Slopestyle Snowboarding
6. Erik Guay competes in the Men’s Downhill Finals
5. Minister of State for Sport Bal Gosal with medal winners Mark McMorris, Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe
4. Half-pipe Snowboarder Crispin Lipcomb posing with the Olympic rings in the Mountain Cluster
3. Figure Skating pair Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue
2. Canada’s Silver medal Figure Skating Team Competition winners
1. Teammates react to Kevin Reynolds performance results which earned Canada the Silver medal in the Figure Skating Team Competition Event