Views are that of the author, may not reflect those of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Each day of the Olympic Games, we will feature the Top 7 Canadian Olympic Athlete Photos drawn from the Bell Olympic Lens Fan-powered Photo Experience http://lens.olympic.ca.
Terrifying Day 15 as the 4-man Bobsled Canada-3 had suffered a roll-over on Run 2, fortunately no injuries, but the chances of reaching the podium are very unlikely. Canada had a few top 10 finishes but no additional medals won today. Canada remains 3rd overall in the medal standings with 9 Gold, 10 Sliver and 5 Bronze.
The Canada-3 Bobsled Team of Justin Kripps of Summerland BC, Jesse Lumsden of Burlington ON, Cody Sorensen of Ottawa, and Ben Coakwell of Saskatoon all appeared unscathed then walked away from the crashed sled on their own. Canadian Team officials rearranged the 3 teams the night prior to final practice to put the best possible podium team in one sled. After today’s 2 runs, Lyndon Rush’s Canada-2 is in 10th with a time of 1:50.78; Christopher Spring’s Canada-1 tied in 13th with a time of 1:51.20; and crashed sled Canada-3 sits in 30th (last) with a time of 1:55:08. Runs 3 and 4 will be completed on Sunday 4:30 AM EST.
Men’s Biathlon 4 x 7.5km Relay Team of Jean Philippe Le Guellec, Scott Perras, Brendan Green and Nathan Smith finished 7th with a time of 1:13:46.2. Men’s Speed Skating Pursuit Team of Mathieu Giroux, Lucas Makowsky, and Denny Morrison finished a close 4th with a time of 3:44.27.
In Men’s Hockey, Team Finland defeated Team USA 5-0 in the Bronze Medal Final and the Gold Medal Game with Team Canada versus Team Sweden takes place Sunday morning at 7:00 AM EST. Closing Ceremonies commence at 11:00 AM EST.
7. Olympians cheering other Olympians: Anastasia Bucsis, Charline Labonté, Caroline Ouellette (left to right)
6. Women’s Curling Gold medalists: Jennifer Jones, Kaitlyn Lawes, Jill Officer, Dawn McEwen and Kristen Wall (from left to right)
5. Snowboarders: Spencer O’Brien, Mercedes Nicoll, & Sébastien Toutant
4. Men’s 4-Man Bobsled Canada-3: Justin Kripps, Jesse Lumsden, Cody Sorensen, and Ben Coakwell (right to left)
3. Women’s Curling Team: Dawn McEwen, Kristen Wall & Jill Officer (left to right)
2. Men’s Curling: Brad Jacobs (L) and Ryan Fry (R)
1. Men’s Pursuit Team: Denny Morrison, Mathieu Giroux, and Lucas Makowsky