What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives through social media. Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Week of June 24 – July 1st
1. Nos olympiens ont démontré leur fierté envers Milos Raonic en cette Fête du Canada.
Et avec raison, celui-ci a bien choisi sa journée pour atteindre les quarts de finale à Wimbledon !
2. Being Canadian is also about…
…celebrating the magnificent landscapes our great country has to offer, as John Fennell does every chance he gets.
3. For , making head turns is a good way to show support for a great cause.
She was literally flipping over with WorldPride spirit in Toronto!
4. 15 seconds of athletic prowess by Jason Burnett
As critical as he may be of his own performance, he can certainly take pride in his 5th place finish at the World Cup in Arosa, Switzerland.
5. How much more patriotic pride can one show?
Hard to beat a selfie on the Hill, with fancy Canada Day headgear, alongside Prime Minister Harper.
6. Put your hands together, please. (Karine Thomas)
Propelling a swimmer gracefully way up in the air without even touching the bottom of the pool certainly deserves all our admiration! Something to be quite proud of indeed, Ladies.
7. Olympians and members of the Olympic family had a great time at the WorldPride Parade in Toronto
And what a gorgeous day it was to celebrate equality with all our fans!
8. Ivanie Blondin has good reasons to be proud!
Not that many people have a 100km cycling story to tell… with a smile! (Greetings to all cyclists!)
9. Rosie MacLennan is not the only one who’s proud of her Olympic gold medal…
So are her teammates, as shown through the lens of the 30-Day #Olife Instagram Photo Challenge. BTW… It’s not too late to participate!
10. Face the Rainbow
Proud Olympians like Shannon Rempel know just how great it is to simply have fun at events like the “Color Run”… After all, they do claim it is “The Happiest 5K on the Planet”!