ROLE OF COF BOARD MEMBERS
The Canadian Olympic Foundation Board of Directors is a Policy Governing Board. The Board governs the organization by making policies that determine the long-term direction of the COF. Each Board member acts honestly and in good faith, with a view to the best interest of the COF. The Board hires the Executive Director (ED) to implement the Board’s policies and to manage the day-to-day business, and to delegate authority for the operations and administration to the ED.
- Provide effective leadership.
- To collaborate with the COF ED and staff to:
- Articulate the COFs mission and vision
- Develop strategic plan and set priorities
- Develop and maintain an organization structure that supports the achievement of the strategic plan.
- Monitor the performance of the ED through clearly defined performance criteria.
- Review, approve and monitor the achievement of the annual business plan and annual budget.
- Ensure that the COF is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements, and that all significant systems are in place for both compliance and for the organization to run effectively and efficiently.
- Establish, approve and review policies and procedures.
- Exercise risk management oversight on behalf of the COF.