GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Sport Department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical, sport services and administrative coordination as the COC prepares for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games and the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION
Four (4) month placement (May through August 2017) [potential for 8 month placement]
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), some nights & weekends as required
Canadian Olympic Committee (Montreal Office)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Intern would assist with various tasks including:
- Logistics planning for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games including accommodation, procurement, cargo, rate card, outfitting, transportation, etc.
- Site visit logistics and content compiling for PyeongChang and Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Event logistics (content, registration, signage, gifting, onsite assistance, etc.) for the Olympic LAB.
- Event logistics (content, registration, etc.) for the PyeongChang 2018 Team Operations & Preparation Seminar
- Support production of PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games preparation decks
- Support the Peer Network activities coordination as well as production of documents, presentations, email distributions, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of all logistical requirements in support of the NSF Games preparation plan
- Create & maintain NSF High Performance Director/Team Leader/Team Manager profiles
- Working with Managers, Team Services to coordinate all NSF Games planning information: day-by-day plans, and functional area plans including but not limited to accreditation, rate card, cargo, outfitting, travel, transportation, accommodation, agreements, sport entries, site visits, Team Orientation Sessions etc.
- Assist – as required – with other sport department projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required for their program
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Prior administrative and coordination experience;
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail including finishing edits and formatting
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Database management
- Ability to work some weekends and weeknights is required
- Sense of humour
- Bilingual (preferred)
This internship is a non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 23, 2017 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.