Intern, Graphic Design
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to assist with graphic design. The intern will work directly with the COC’s in-house graphic designer. This internship is a non‐paid position and will begin May of 2017. The right person will work closely in creating content during the upcoming winter sports season. There will be a mix of fan-facing and internal design work as projects greatly vary in scope.
This internship will be undertaken from COC offices in Toronto, ON, at 21 St. Clair E. Space, online connection, and email address will be provided, we ask the intern to bring their own laptop and position-related software (outlined below in “Requirements”).
The internship will ideally start in January of 2017. The duration is negotiable although the approximate time range will be May 2017 to late August 2017 at either a full time or part time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The COC graphic design intern will help with the production of visually stunning content consumed by Canadian sport fans through its digital platforms. Tasks may include:
- Design topical image assets to be used on social media platforms
- Create feature images for stories on Olympic.ca
- Create image assets for Team Canada videos
- Design images for events
- Create assets that may help sport community and corporate initiatives
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- High functioning knowledge of Adobe products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint
- Access to laptop with necessary software
- A readily available portfolio
- A quick learner with the ability to follow direction
- Known for tremendous attention to detail
- Deadline-driven performer in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for clean, consumer-friendly design
- Passion for sport marketing
- A working knowledge of web and social functionality
- Bilingualism (English and French) – not required
If interested, please send your resume and examples of your work (with links) to email@example.com by March 23, 2017. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.