Intern, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Toronto office. Working with Marketing Partnerships within the larger Partnerships Team, the Intern, Marketing Partnerships will be responsible for supporting sponsor planning and activations, communicating with internal and external stakeholders, and working with the best-in-class Partnerships team. The Intern will assist the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Partnerships functions by providing supportive services in the following areas: General Administration, Partner Service, and Communications.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Supports the day-to-day efficient operation of the Marketing & Strategic Partnerships area;
- Sorts through and follows up on incoming mail and emails as required;
- Researches and prepares reports for review;
- Supports the execution of specific Partner programs;
- Fulfills Partner requests and contractual obligations;
- Supports the overall Marketing & Strategic Partnerships teams in day-to-day servicing of partners and licensees
- Assists with research and execution of strategic Partner projects;
- Assists with development and execution of Marketing Partner events.
- Prepares Marketing Partnerships presentations for review;
- Prepares selected internal communications for review and distribution.
Other responsibilities, as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Must be enrolled in a Canadian degree or diploma program in Marketing/Communications or relevant field that requires an internship
- Good communications skills, both oral & written
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Knowledge of or interest in sports and/or marketing
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Eagerness to learn and be a team player
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a plus
- Ability to speak and write in French is an asset
This internship will run from May to August 2017. Flexible working hours would be considered, with a minimum of 21 hours (the equivalent of three working days) per week. Please indicate your availability on your application.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 23, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.