Manager, Marketing and Partnerships (Maternity Leave)
Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high performance sport. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical and coaching needs of Canada’s high performance sport system and assist Canada’s athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation.
The Manager, Marketing and Partnerships is a dynamic, sales and marketing oriented individual responsible for the creation, implementation and day-to-day management of the Foundation’s marketing, communications, and corporate partnerships portfolio. This is an entrepreneurial position within the COF and the purpose is to raise funds, activate and amplify the position and brand using non-traditional, dynamic platforms.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with both Foundation and COC senior management, the Manager, Marketing and Partnerships has responsibility to raise funds through corporate partner cause marketing activations, events, 3rd party fundraisers and digital fundraising, as well as manage the Foundations marketing and communications.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Corporate Partners/Cause related Marketing programs
- Enhance sponsor value by working with Partners and their agencies to develop and execute programs which leverage a Partners’ involvement with the Canadian Olympic Foundation to raise funds and drive Partner, COF and COC business objectives.
- Manage internal and external relationships to support corporate cause marketing programs.
- Manage working relationships within the COC including obtaining the necessary approvals on trademarks and marketing guidelines and implementations as needed. Lead the strategy, creation, execution and measurement of COF Partner programs (RBC Training Ground, HBC Athlete Bursary)
- Measure impact of partner programs supporting over 100 athletes annually.
- Manage RBC Training Ground relationships with RBC, CBC and Sport Partners; Canadian Olympic Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSI), National Sport Organizations and Own the Podium
- Manage 7-8 contracted staff through the COPSI Network to support with execution of RBC Training Ground
- Help identify and pitch new ideas to/for Marketing partners that support mutual business objectives to raise money and awareness for the COF
- Manage and mentor the Development Coordinator
- Marketing / Communications
- Develop marketing campaign strategies and work-plans, manage timeline and execute the campaign in co-ordination with COC’s Brand Marketing team, agencies and vendors.
- Proactively work with the COC to leverage existing assets as well as provide a complimentary promotion to their Brand campaign.
- Work with agency partners to position the COF as an important cause in sport in Canada on a limited budget.
- Identify key marketing opportunities within Canada to activate and amplify the COF brand and position.
- Manage and mentor the Marketing and Communications Program Manager
- Establish the COF internally and externally as the leading sport charity in Canada based on solid positioning and impact.
- Work in partnership with Foundation and COC staff to identify and develop donor recognition opportunities.
- Engage the COC in promoting a positive image, reputation and awareness of the Canadian Olympic Foundation.
- Third-Party Fundraising Events
- Manage current third-party event relationships for the COF (e.g. RBC FANFIT).
- Secure new third-party event revenues for the COF.
- Represent the COF as required in Committee meetings and other organizing activities of the event producers.
- Manage the licensing, trademark and logo usage agreements of the COF and seek approvals as required.
- Attend events as a representative of the COF as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- University degree and minimum 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, sales and communications (PR).
- Experience in a dynamic, sports marketing and/or fundraising organization.
- Event management experience or exposure required.
- Experience managing staff.
- Ability to speak and write in French is an asset.
- Strong computer software expertise required, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Communications: Communications skills are essential to ensure the Foundation’s vision is clearly communicated and understood by all key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with a balance of vision and attention to detail.
- Comfortable delivering written and verbal presentations to senior management, donors, sponsors and other stakeholders as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and build relationships with corporate partners, board members and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and brand management, agency management and campaign production.
Operational: A strong and disciplined management approach.
- Strong time management required to deploy resources in areas that are on strategy and have the greatest impact.
- Very self-motivated, able to multitask and work independently. Ability to be innovative, creative and solve problems under tight deadlines and with limited resources.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 26, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.