Manager, Team Services
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC is seeking a Manager, Team Services (MTS) for its Montreal Office. Reporting to the Director, Team Services the overall purpose of this position is to work with assigned National Sport Federations (NSF) to develop and implement customized Games performance preparation plans for both the summer and winter Olympic Games; and to service assigned sports during the planning, onsite execution, and post-Games evaluation of their Games preparation plan.
CORE RESPONSABILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
Team Planning, Partnerships and Engagement
- For assigned sports, create a strong relationship with the NSF High Performance Director and Olympic teams and establish common Games-related objectives while working to become an integrated team member & performance partner;
- Provide continuous “One Window” approach as the NSF’s primary point of contact;
- Ensure Team members (athletes, coaches, team leaders and IST) are “Game Ready” through an engagement and communication strategy that informs team members of Games-related messages, related to team operations, rules and regulations, and preparation strategies, that has a positive impact on performance
- Create an integrated approach with Own the Podium (OTP) High Performance Advisors in working with NSFs on aspects related to Games planning;
- Guide sports through the Games planning milestones and various operational functional areas, including but not limited to accreditation, rate card, cargo, outfitting, travel, transportation, accommodation, agreements, sport entries, etc…
- Working with key COC staff, manage all logistical requirements in support of the NSF Games preparation plan;
- Ensure sports leverage Games-related resources and services
- Work with assigned sports to rehearse and simulate various aspects of their Olympic plans
Team Performance Preparation
- Assist sports in the development and implementation of a customized Games preparation plan for all targeted audiences including athletes, coaches, team leaders, and Integrated Support Teams;
- Work with NSFs to establish Games Performance on Demand strategies customized to the unique demands of the Games environment
- Take a service-based approach on addressing NSF needs related to team performance culture, dynamics leading to the creation of a sound high performing team culture
- Assist in developing and managing the COC’s accreditation allotment for assigned sports in order to provide optimal benefit to NSF team performance
Games Environment Familiarization
- Manage the implementation of an optimal site and venue familiarization plan for sports to ensure that potential Olympic Team members are familiar with Olympic environment;
- Understand the needs of the sport in the Games environment and address and manage Games related issues and solutions;
Team Qualification and Performance Analysis
- Optimize NSF qualification as per the COC’s Team Selection Policies
- Review and provide recommendations to NSFs on internal nomination procedures;
- Have a strong understanding of the needs of medal potential athletes/teams and their coaches related to Games performances
- Seamless transition and alignment of NSF daily training environment equipment, protocols and services within the Games environment
- Directly support and service the assigned sports (targeted and non-targeted) in the implementation of their at-Games plan as designed within the Games preparation plan and to act as the main point contact between the NSF and the COC Mission Team.
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITICAL SKILLS:
This position would be of interest to Olympic Coaches, High Performance Directors (HPD), Athletes and/or individuals who have significant experience within the Canadian Sport system at the high performance level, along with:
- A strong understanding of what it takes to perform in the Olympic Games environment
- An understanding of the pressures and uniqueness of the Olympic environment in order to best help prepare athlete, coaches and Team Leaders to perform during the Olympic Games;
- A understand understanding of roles, responsibilities and organization within the national team program of an NSF;
- A commitment to continue to strengthen the relationship with athletes, coaches and NSFs in order to achieve Olympic Podium success;
- Strong sport technical knowledge would be considered an asset;
- An understanding of the Multisport Games environment;
- A strong understanding of the Canadian Sport system;
- High School diploma. College or University degree in sport related field preferred.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by October 17th, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.