Associate Manager, Content Creation
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Associate Manager, Content Creation is a passionate digital marketer who brings Team Canada’s content to life across all owned digital channels — social, web, app, email, and more. This individual will play a key role in the planning, creation, distribution, and measurement of all content with an eye to engaging Team Canada fans and growing audiences across all digital channels. This individual is a dynamic storyteller in both written and visual mediums who creates and distributes content intended to excite and engage Team Canada fans year-round. This position plays a key role in the broader Brand & Commercial Management team by leveraging Team Canada’s digital channels as one of the primary expressions of the Team Canada brand in both official languages.
This individual is an innovative, creative, and dynamic subject-matter expert who remains true to the broader content strategy, while balancing the needs of numerous stakeholders. This individual also has a finger on the pulse of social media and digital content more broadly, constantly thinking about where and how we can evolve our presence to best engage fans. This key contributor helps establish and build a unique, ownable tone of voice for Team Canada’s social channels. This individual leverages analytics and social trends to identify high-impact opportunities both in real-time and as part of our broader content planning process.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St., Suite 3000. We offer a hybrid work model that allows for up to two days of remote work each week.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
Content Creation & Distribution
- Play a key role in the management of the creation and distribution of content across Team Canada’s digital channels including social, web, app, email, and more
- Contribute to the crafting strategies unique to each channel that consider the audience, objectives, tone of voice, creative assets, and brand characteristics as defined by a holistic content playbook
- Ensure a unique and consistent tone of voice is established and maintained across all digital channels
- Establish a suitable balance of social media content in both official languages, determining which content can be adapted and where a unique approach by language is required
- Ensure that audiences for Team Canada/Équipe Canada’s social media channels are constantly growing and engaged
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends and best practices to help grow Team Canada’s online presence and educate stakeholders
- Constantly monitor the sports industry and related news to ensure real-time responses and timely content creation
- Oversee and contribute to the creation of new and innovative types of digital content to build the online brand and attract new audiences
- Collaborate with colleagues to execute the email marketing strategy
- Contribute to the creation and ongoing maintenance of competition schedules used to inform content strategy and ensure accurate coverage of all Olympic sports
- Help identify and apply recommended optimization strategies to social content on an on-going basis as informed by performance analytics
Leadership & Collaboration
- Manage direct reports to ensure efficient content creation, distribution, and management while being mindful of capacity and resourcing
- Serve as cross-functional lead with respect to social media strategy across all channels
- Champion and seek opportunities for the seamless integration of effective brand & marketing partner campaign elements into content plans
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the social media and sports communities in both official languages, including athletes, agents, National Sport Organizations, and social platform partners
- Maintain a collaborative problem-solving mindset, with a constant focus on advancing and completing projects on time and within budget
- Provide effective thought leadership to the broader Digital team on how to effectively promote/highlight Team Canada/Équipe Canada content across all digital touchpoints
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience in a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on content creation
Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record of crafting effective strategies for a variety of social media platforms including (but not limited to): Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Strong understanding of social media best practices and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Experience working with digital content analytics programs
- Experience in leadership, team management, and resource planning
- Experience working with high-level sport/athletes in fast-paced environments
- Creative and innovative thinker with experience in digital content creation
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of Team Canada/Équipe Canada’s stakeholders and target demographics on each platform
- Extensive knowledge of athletes and the Canadian sport community is an asset
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Skilled communicator comfortable speaking with internal and external groups
- Professional proficiency in both official languages
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC Values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by June 1, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
As a condition of employment, and in order to ensure the health and safety of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s employees, a successful applicant will be expected and agrees to confirm and provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19. This condition of employment is subject to any accommodation requirements as may be required by human rights legislation, including for religious needs, disability or any other protected ground under human rights legislation.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.