AthletesCAN is looking for a motivated and qualified individual to join their dedicated team as its Manager, Communication and Sports Partnerships.
Location: Canada (work to be performed remotely)
Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
Type of Position: Full-time
Primary Language: English
Application deadline: 2021-04-16
Expected start date: Mid-May
The Manager, Communications and Sports Partnerships will be responsible for:
- Developing communication, marketing and branding strategies and defining key performance indications to monitor their success;
- Communicating athlete insights and recommendations gathered from Canada’s high- performance athletes across the Canadian and International sport system;
- Managing AthletesCAN media relations, social media, website content, and membership database
- Engaging with Canadian national team athletes and sport partners
- Managing events such as the AthletesCAN forum, and other AthletesCAN programs;
- Managing and strengthening relationships with various national and international partners;
- Creating awareness for athletes and the broader sports community to enable data driven insights and campaigns; and
- Providing effective support to AthletesCAN staff, Board of Directors, Committees, athletes, members, alumni, and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related Related work experience may also be considered in lieu of education;
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in a communications or marketing role;
- Proven experience developing and managing communication, marketing, and brand strategies;
- Experience managing a website, e-learnings, and membership database;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including an editorial voice and proven experience guiding messaging in complex and changing environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technology;
- Experience drafting communications and planning documents, digital content, and media materials, including generating editorial content;
- Experience contributing to a team environment in a virtual environment; and
- Time management skills to effectively identify, prioritize and implement initiatives.
A background in high performance sports and bilingualism (French/English) will be considered an asset but is not required for this role.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter tailored to the position description, a CV, and any relevant portfolio of projects from previous experience to Pierre-Luc Laliberté, AthletesCAN’s President, at email@example.com. Please ensure the Subject Line includes your first and last name as well as Manager, Communications and Sport Partnerships position.
AthletesCAN, the association of Canada’s national team athletes, is the only fully independent and most inclusive athlete organization in the country and the first organization of its kind in the world. As a result of strengthening strategic partnerships both within and outside of the system, AthletesCAN has continued to pioneer innovative ways to ensure inclusive decision-making by informing, educating, and advocating for an athlete-centered sport system.
We are the collective athlete voice in the unwavering pursuit of an athlete centered sport system
To unite and amplify the voices of all Canadian national team athletes
- Integrity: We lead with an honest and moral approach to everything we do.
- Courage: We find the strength to stand up for what is right.
- Inclusivity: We represent a diverse membership and support the voices of all athletes.
- Transparency: We are open and vulnerable in our effort to create a better sport system.
Enclosed: Job Description