Canada Skateboard – Executive Director
Formed in 2016, Canada Skateboard is recognized by the Canadian Olympic Committee, Sport Canada and World Skate as the official National Sport Federation (NSF) for skateboarding in Canada.
The responsibility of the Executive Director is to drive the overall operations of Canada Skateboard. This includes executing in the areas of finance, human resources, risk management, IT, policy development, legal, marketing, communications, external relations, governance and overall business planning.
Start Date: January 1st, 2022
Salary: Remuneration commensurate with experience, qualifications, and subject to internal pay grade scale.
Location: Remote work based in Canada.
Position Terms: This is a one-year contract reporting directly to the Board of Directors. Contract renewal subject to performance.
- Implementing annual budget and strategies for Operations, High Performance, Sport Development, Brand and Events, Community and Clubs created by the Canada Skateboard Board of Directors.
- Representing Canada Skateboard in managing key relationships with funding partners (eg. Sport Canada, OTP, COC), commercial sponsors, donors, sport development organizations (Canada Games Council / Canadian Sport Institutes), provincial and municipal governments, as required.
- Managing relationships with local, regional, provincial and national governmental bodies as required.
- Leading, directing and hiring all personnel of the organization including the High Performance Director, Brand/Events Manager and supporting staff.
- Directing and co-leading the Finance Committee on financial forecasting, reporting and operations.
- Managing all external reporting functions such as Sport Canada, SC Hosting, RCAAA, Partnership contracts etc.
- Acting as a resource to the Board of Directors, providing guidance and advice to support overall leading practice governance processes around decision making and accountability.
- Managing all aspects of brand development including merchandising, content creation, and social media management.
Criteria for Applying:
- Advanced oral and written expression in English, including public speaking. Bilingualism (English and French, a strong asset)
- Possess exceptional computer skills including a working knowledge spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software, online, and with social media. (G Suites, Adobe Suites, Excel).
- Demonstrate skills in conflict resolution.
- Available to travel and work flexible hours, including weekends, if required.
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures and software (QuickBooks Online).
- Minimum 5 years of progressive responsibilities in management or executive positions including:
- Financial management and literacy with accountability of a budget of $1 million or more
- Skateboarding or any other sport
- Management of sports development programs
- Social media and brand marketing
- Experience establishing and managing public and private partnerships
- Event management at the provincial, national or international level
- Managing a multidisciplinary team
- Willing to learn how to kickflip
Application Due Date:
October 15th, 2021
If this position speaks to you, please send your CV, cover letter, salary expectation and references in all confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.