The primary focus of the Education Events Lead will be planning and delivery of the Classroom Champion’s Team Canada Champion Chats (TCCC), a unique and impactful offering that makes a difference in the lives of the students and teachers we serve. Working directly with the Canadian Olympic Committee, you will virtually bring Olympians and their expertise and experiences to millions of Canadian students in every province and territory.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual experienced in education, communications/marketing, and or event management, who is motivated, detail oriented and keen to make a substantial contribution to education across Canada.
The Education Events Lead is a full-time role based in our Calgary office focused on delivering the Team Canada Champion Chats online school events platform to schools across Canada. Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organization, the Canadian Olympic Committee, Ministries of Education, local school districts and schools, and other sponsors and stakeholders, you will implement and direct a strategic plan to engage schools and deliver digital education content and events streamed live online.
We are a strong team doing big things, we move fast and have big goals. The organization will be continuing its substantial growth over the next 1-3 years. You will be part of a motivated, growing and dynamic team of passionate people who are changing the world one classroom at a time!
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Lead team in delivery of Team Canada Champion Chats
- Directly liase with the Canadian Olympic Committee as well as sponsors
- Develop and support strategic engagement opportunities for school districts, schools, teachers, principals, parents and sponsors
- Communicate, develop and maintain strong external partner relationships with schools, school districts and divisions, as well as educaiton ministries
- Support development of education content production
- Ownership of individual events and event project plans
- Design strategies and approaches to measure effectiveness and quality of events
- Work diligently to ensure delivery of high quality, on budget, on schedule and innovative online events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and strong track record in the delivery and promotion of educational programming in Canada
- Understanding of the Canadian education system and constituent audiences
- Experience of working collaboratively and contributing to communications, social media, marketing and product development teams
- Proven track record of project delivery, experience of project management methodologies and project portfolio management
- Dependable, professional, resourceful and possess excellent team and interpersonal skillsExperience with national sport governing bodies, Canadian-based sport, National Olympic and Paralympic Committees non-profit, or education organizations is a preference
- Experience of live streaming and online events a strong advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- High level of integrity, be dependable, practice good judgment, and be detail-oriented
- Capability to travel in North America when necessary
- French language / bilingualism a strong advantage
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted
Those interested are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About Classroom Champions
Classroom Champions is a Federally Registered Charitable organization in Canada and a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the U.S. dedicated to partnering with teachers to connect low socioeconomic students with world-class athlete mentors to support students in academic, social and emotional learning (SEL) through Scaled Mentorship™ and other programs. Classroom Champions supports teachers and engages families to encourage children to achieve a successful future, working predominantly within low socioeconomic urban, rural and Indigenous communities. Over the course of six years, Classroom Champions has grown exponentially—establishing itself in more than 1,300 classrooms, mentoring more than 35,000 students across 34 U.S. states and eight Canadian provinces, working with 175 Olympic, Paralympic, University Student-Athletes, and Professional athletes who have volunteered as mentors. Through the Scaled Mentorship™ program, co-founded in 2009 by U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist Steve Mesler and education researcher Dr. Leigh Parise, PhD, athletes have dedicated their time to connecting and encouraging children to achieve their goals and finding success inside and outside the classroom.