Coordinator, Game Plan
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Manager, Game Plan, the Coordinator, Game Plan will be involved in the design and ideation of the next iteration of Game Plan programming and resources. More specifically, they will assist with the development of athlete’s resources and support the execution of Game Plan marketing and communications initiatives. This will involve research, mastering various tools and working with partners inside and outside of sport to ensure the delivery of best-in-class resources and practices.
Game Plan, powered by Deloitte, is Canada’s total athlete wellness program. Game Plan is a collaboration between the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC), Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC), Sport Canada and Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN).
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West or in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Coordinate monthly communications for Game Plan stakeholders (i.e., monthly newsletters, mass emails, etc.) This includes content development, collection, and distribution.
- Coordinate, develop and create relevant content for Game plan digital platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Support website development (i.e., Contentful) and assist with integration projects that support all of Game Plan’s digital tools and platforms.
- Support Game Plan website optimization and re-development.
- Assist with managing, updating and reporting through the CRM platform Salesforce.
- Report and track Game Plan’s digital analytics and Salesforce database.
- Coordinate program and event logistics, including leading the search & implementation of best tools to deliver virtual sessions.
- Assist with data collection and presentation preparation for key meetings (e.g.: Steering Commitee, etc.).
- Act as a liaison between Game Plan and the COC Brand and Marketing team and work with freelance designers and translators as needed ensuring high quality work.
- Oversee the firstname.lastname@example.org email and provide responses to issues in a timely manner.
- Support other aspects of the Game Plan program as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University or college degree in business, communications, marketing, or event management, or a related field
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in administration, marketing, communications or event management
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high-performance sport
Skills and Abilities
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong understanding of digital content, social media, and best practices for content distribution
- Experience creating content for multiple social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Strong writing and communication skills; Bilingualism (English and French), a strong asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, innovative, and quick-thinking
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by October 26, 2021 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization. Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.