Donor Database Assistant
Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high-performance sport and help take Sport Philanthropy to the next level. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical, and coaching needs of Canada’s high performance sport system and assist Canada’s athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation. Together we shall strive.
The Donor Database Assistant is a dynamic individual who provides administrative support to the Foundation Team. In particular, the Donor Database Assistant processes all gifts and issues tax receipts, manages the accuracy of data and is strong in data segmentation and data management. Reporting to the Director, Operations and Sport Giving, the Donor Database Assistant is organized, tenacious and takes pride in accuracy, with a keen interest in sport.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Manage the accuracy of data in the Tessitura database including data entry, data segmentation and list management.
- Accurately process all gifts/donations received and issues tax receipts on a timely basis.
- Handles the Foundation’s incoming and outgoing mail (including donations).
- Deal directly with donors to answer questions and accept donations. This includes following up with donors on any missed or declined payments.
- Process pledge payments and add new monthly recurring gifts.
- Perform the processing/scanning of donation cheques into the bank account.
- Review and edit gift records periodically for discrepancies.
- Reconcile gifts with the accounting department on a monthly basis.
- Assist with event administration and execution.
- Prepare and send marketing and report emails to donors, prospects and Olympic Club members.
- Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Ideally 1-2 years administrative experience in a fast-paced corporate or not-for-profit environment
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent project management skills and very detail oriented
- Enthusiastic, self-motived and works well independently as well as collaboratively
- Exercises tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Self-assured, polished, flexible and works well under pressure
- Advanced MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook etc) and some familiarity with databases or CRM software
- Knowledge of the Tessitura database is considered an asset
- Knowledge of French is considered an asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Respect, Fun and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by October 26, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.