Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The FA-MG supports business partners to achieve the strategic outcomes for the Marketing Partnerships, Communications, Digital, Events and Governance departments (MG) and the COC. Based in Toronto and reporting to the Manager, Business and Financial Planning, the candidate will lead in monthly departmental financial reviews to deliver monthly, annual and periodic variance analysis by applying a variety of skills including financial modelling and decision support analytics to the MG budget owners and senior management. The FA-MG will support the annual budgeting and monthly reforecasting cycle for MG. The role requires a strong understanding of business operations and financial systems, while performing analysis to support delivery on strategies and decision-making leading to improved operational performance. The ability to deliver financial and operational insight and provide feedback and analysis for budget to actuals and support the reforecast process is paramount to the success of the role.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Work with MG budget owners, participate in departmental reviews for monthly and annual business and financial planning process including annual and quadrennial budgeting and reforecasting
- Provide insightful monthly financial variance analysis on a) YTD budget vs. YTD actual results and b) annual and quadrennial reforecasting versus approved plan
- Understand the organizational and departmental strategies, changes to the strategies, and impact on budgetary needs and challenges and provide recommendation to the Manager, Business and Financial Planning (summary of risks and opportunities)
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc financial modelling and decision-support analytics to support assessment of MG management key business initiatives and decisions e.g. make or buy, insource/outsource, sensitivity/scenario analysis, profitability analysis, expense analysis/tracking, (trending and drivers) etc.
- Support MG department in the development and reporting of KPIs
- Lead monthly review of YTD actual results and invoice coding to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results
- Participate in month-end close and process significant MG accruals (receivables, prepaids, payables, revenue)
- Provide financial and business support to the organization and department through continuous improvement of work processes and informing ERP functionality
- Act as a financial and subject matter expert to the MG department on financial inquires
- Travel required for departmental initiatives and to gather further understanding into the work
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or accounting related studies from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Working towards CPA designation preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a financial planning role
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong Team player with ability to tailor interpersonal skills to audience e.g. senior management, non-financial manager
- Advanced Excel skills to provide financial modelling and analytical support
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Innovative, proactive thinker able to prioritize with competing demands, deadlines
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by December 18, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.