Human Resources Generalist (Bilingual)
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada, responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Human Resources and based in the Canadian Olympic Committee’s Montreal office, the Human Resources Generalist is an integral member of the Human Resources team responsible for building trusted relationships with the management team in Montreal to provide high quality HR guidance and support to optimize the potential, performance and engagement of the workforce. Working collaboratively with the HR team and other functional leaders, develop and implement best practice and cost-effective HR solutions, including policies, processes and programs, that support and enable the COC’s business strategies and objectives and reinforces the corporate culture and values, in accordance with federal and provincial legislative requirements.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Participate in Montreal-based team meetings, as appropriate, and provide HR related input to support and add value to the successful execution of their operating plans.
- Identify and address people related implications/issues of operating plans and evolving business needs.
- Provide informed coaching, counseling and consultative advice to management and staff on all HR matters.
- Conduct presentations and facilitate the successful roll-out and integration of new HR initiatives and enhancement of existing programs.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Develop and maintain recruitment policies and processes and manage relationships with temporary agencies and search firms.
- Manage all steps of the recruitment cycle for open or new positions below Director level based in the Montreal office, from the initial consultation with managers, to screening, shortlisting and interviewing, verbal offer and onboarding.
- Develop and maintain the onboarding program for all new employees based on the needs of the organization and departments; ensure onboarding of new Montreal employees.
- Prepare and maintain third party contractor and consulting agreements.
- Provide counsel to staff and management, as appropriate, for all types of performance management concerns/issues/interventions while balancing role as employee advocate/ ombudsperson with supporting management direction.
- Keep finger on pulse of Montreal-based team, monitor decision-making processes to ensure they are based on COC’s values and identify and manage potential issues; make effective recommendations and undertake interventions, as required.
- Interpret employment law and statutes from a business perspective, ensuring that COC maintains an exemplary and balanced perspective in its treatment of staff and all employees feel safe, respected and appreciated.
- In case of resignations, coordinate and conduct exit interviews to identify issues and follow-up actions, as may be appropriate
- In planning for terminations, counsel managers on procedures to follow including: preparation of documentation and termination letters/agreements and conducting termination meetings
Employee Engagement and Communications
- Lead and/or facilitate and support the implementation of employee engagement measurement tools and processes, analysis of survey results and the process for preparing and monitoring action plans.
- Draft and coordinate staff communications while considering current context and potential impact on staff in both the Toronto and Montreal offices.
- Collaborate on the strategy and lead or support the planning and delivery of all logistics related to the annual Staff Retreat within the approved budget.
- Co-lead and support PULSE, an internal working group responsible for helping shape and strengthen a healthy workplace culture.
- Co-lead and support the development and implementation of an Employee Engagement Plan for the “Home Team” during Games.
- Lead and/or support other employee engagement initiatives and activities.
Performance Management and Total Rewards
- Lead the development and implementation of the COC Performance Management Framework or the Total Rewards Framework.
- Facilitate and support the annual performance management and compensation review cycles for the Montreal-based teams.
- Interpret benefits policies, counsel on issues and undertake interventions, as required, liaising with Finance and benefit providers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a staff recognition framework and ensure ongoing management and relevance of the program.
- Lead the evaluation of new or revised positions for the Montreal team using the COC Job Evaluation tool and process.
Employee Development and Training
- Support managers and employees with the creation of their annual development plans.
- Plan, develop and facilitate in-house and external training and professional development initiatives.
HR Policies, Procedures and Programs
- Update and communicate HR policies and procedures, as required; develop and implement training programs, where required (i.e., compliance)
- Responsible for development, implementation and management of one or more HR system (e.g., HRIS, HR components of intranet, performance management, applicant tracking system).
- Lead the development and implementation of the COC Workplace Health & Safety program and ensure compliance with relevant legislation; lead the Montreal Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure HR administration for Montreal based staff is effectively and accurately implemented within defined timelines.
- Support National Sport Federation relations initiatives, as required.
- Special projects as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in a field related to human resources management
- CHRA, or equivalent, designation required
- Minimum of 5 years’ human resources experience, including at least 2 years as an HR Generalist or Business Partner with experience in recruitment, employee relations and HR program development and implementation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective at building trusted relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to deal with employees and managers at all levels, as well as external partners and stakeholders
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism; diplomatic and discrete
- Well-developed counseling skills – excellent listening and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills in English and French required – verbal, written, and presentations
- Proven organization and time management skills and the ability to respond to varied and often tight deadlines and effectively balance competing stakeholders and agendas
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency; work with other staff and stakeholders, as required, to exude a “can do” attitude
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills combined with common sense – ability to interpret trends and jurisprudence and adapt solutions
- Adaptable and flexible approach; able to deal sensitively with tough issues and drive balanced outcomes; strong business acumen
- Effective team player, but also comfortable working independently
- Strong initiative, self-starter, influential; facilitator and driver of change
- Genuine interest in, and empathy for people; enthusiasm for amateur sport and a healthy sense of humour
- Careful attention to detail and quality
- Proficient with computer software applications in a Windows environment
- Solid understanding of Quebec employment legislation
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.