Intern, Athlete Marketing
Be a part of building and growing a leading national sports brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Athlete Marketing team was created in 2013 to provide day-to-day management and leadership in athlete engagement across all COC departments. The objectives of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Grow and diversify the network of advocates for the Olympic Movement;
- Maintain Olympians’ and partners’ best interests in everything we do;
- Build and nurture ongoing relationships with Olympians (active and alumni), NSFs, corporate partners, agents, COC colleagues and other stakeholders (i.e.: Sport Canada/CPC, AthletesCAN, World Olympians Association, Olympians Canada, IOC);
- Bring Olympians closer to the community, the corporate world and fans/youth across Canada;
- Provide Olympians with a strong message as ambassadors of the Olympic Movement.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monthly newsletter to Olympians – manage content collection and newsletter distribution to the Canadian Olympians database.
- Newsletter analytics – provide summary reports on the reach of the monthly newsletter.
- Managing the Athlete Services e-mail account.
- Contact management – updating the athlete, National Sport Federation and agent database.
- Tracking all athlete appearance requests.
- Management of various external and internal athlete requests.
- Support the new Olympian legacy initiative (alumni program).
- Various other tasks related to the Athlete Marketing Department functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be enrolled in a degree or diploma in Marketing or relevant fieldthat requires an internship for course credit
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and French is mandatory)
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of and experience with content management systems (i.e. WordPress) and e-mail marketing services (i.e. Mailchimp) is an asset
- Experience developing and implementing policies and processes to facilitate improved planning on projects is preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually
- Great sense of accountability
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines
- Understanding of Canadian and international sport landscape
- Familiarity with current and retired Olympians is an asset
- General interest in amateur sport and the Olympic Movement
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
TIMING AND LOCATION:
Internship will run from September 2018 – December 2018. Please indicate your availability on your application. This internship will be placed at the Canadian Olympic Committee Montreal Office at: 500 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Montréal (Qc) Canada H2Z 2A5
This internship is non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 23, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.