Intern, Athlete Marketing
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Athlete Marketing team was created in 2013 to provide day-to-day management and leadership in athlete engagement across all COC departments. The objectives of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Grow and diversify the network of advocates for the Olympic Movement;
- Maintain Olympians’ and partners’ best interests in everything we do;
- Build and nurture ongoing relationships with Olympians (active and alumni), NSFs, corporate partners, agents, COC colleagues and other stakeholders (i.e.: Sport Canada/CPC, AthletesCAN, World Olympians Association, Olympians Canada, IOC);
- Bring Olympians closer to the community, the corporate world and fans/youth across Canada;
- Provide Olympians with a strong message as ambassadors of the Olympic Movement.
- This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
The department is seeking an intern for the winter of 2019 (January to April).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Assist with maintaining OLY Canada – an online platform for Team Canada Olympians;
- Lead monthly communication to Olympians – manage content collection and distribution to Team Canada Olympians;
- Analytics – provide summary reports on the online platform and monthly communications;
- Manage the OLY Canada primary e-mail account and voice mailbox;
- Contact management – update athlete, National Sport Federation and agent databases;
- Track all athlete requests and appearances;
- Manage various external and internal athlete requests;
- Support the new Olympian legacy initiative (alumni program).
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a depth of work and experience in the following areas:
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and/or French (bilingualism preferred);
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office suite;
- Understanding of and experience with online business tools is an asset (WordPress, Mailchimp, Formstack) and basic understanding of analytics required;
- Experience developing and implementing policies and processes to facilitate improved planning on projects is preferred;
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Self-starter and ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually;
- Great sense of accountability;
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Understanding of Canadian and international sport landscape;
- Familiarity with current and retired Olympians is an asset;
- General interest in amateur sport and the Olympic Movement.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 16, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.