Be a part of building and growing a leading national sports brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
This positions is to provide assistance to the brand team, helping to raise brand strength and awareness for the COC brand and it’s athletes.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
This position is to provide dedicated assistance within Brand Marketing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing and planning of brand led projects
- Assess new brand development opportunities based on strategic fit, always ensuring each project contributes to the greater brand purpose with a keen eye for innovation.
- Aid with the development of brand initiatives that aid with the growing awareness and the Team Canada fan base
BRAND MARKETING SUPPORT
- Assist with the management of the internal process for all COC creative needs including intake, creative development, and production
- Working with internal graphic design resource and external vendors, deliver against the creative needs of the organization, ensuring all creative assets contribute to the greater brand purpose.
- Filing and cataloging of historical brand assets
- Support on events and experiential initiatives
RESEARCH & INSIGHTS
- Assist with the analysis of consumer and fan profile research
- Staying up to date and informing the team of marketing trends
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be enrolled in a degree or diploma in Marketing that requires an internship for course credit.
- Self-starter, motivated and takes initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage required projects/tasks and drive to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with timely or sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work in Microsoft office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Good Knowledge of industry trends and current consumer behaviors
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
TIMING AND LOCATION:
Internship will run from September 2018 – December 2018. Flexible working hours will be considered, with a minimum of 24 hours (The equivalent of three work days) per week. Please indicate your availability on your application. This internship will be placed at the Canadian Olympic Committee Toronto Office at: 250 Yonge Street Suite 3000, Toronto, ON M5B 2L7, Canada
This internship is non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 11th, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.