Intern, Commercial Affairs
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative assistance to the COC’s Commercial Affairs function with the primary objectives being to ensure consistent brand application across all stakeholders, protect the investments of our marketing partners and preserve the long-term viability of the Olympic brand in Canada. This position will largely assist with the redevelopment and dissemination of the COC’s brand use resources and guidelines to its various stakeholders in preparation for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
The primary focus of this position is to provide additional input, feedback and analytical support for the Commercial Affairs function as it relates to the COC’s brand use resources. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing and evaluating current COC brand use resources and identifying areas for improvement
- Researching other sponsorship properties and organizations for best practices as it relates to brand use policies and resources
- Brainstorming new ideas for improved COC brand use resources
- Designing and structuring new COC brand use resources to reflect current brand management policies
- Overseeing the Commercial Affairs’ brand use request system and tracking such requests
- Assisting with various marketing partner initiatives on an as needed basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be working toward a university degree in business or sport administration and have a general interest and buy-in to the COC’s perspective on brand protection
- Excellent communication skills, with a particular emphasis on formal writing
- Ability to articulate ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Possess a keen eye and attention to detail, with the ability to maintain consistency across all projects
- Ability to assess projects from different perspectives
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
The term of this internship would be from the beginning of September until the end of December 2018. The start and/or end date is flexible and there is the potential to start prior to September on a part-time or full-time basis. Flexible working hours are also available throughout the internship for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Please indicate your availability on your application.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 11, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.