Intern, Corporate Events
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative assistance contributing to the planning and execution of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s corporate and events/initiatives as outlined in the strategic and business plans.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
This position is to provide dedicated assistance within the functions of Operations and Member Services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Operations & Member Services Event Support
- Tracking, organizing & overseeing;
- RSVP’s for around 200+ guests, including special requests and dietary restrictions
- Flights and transportation for around 200 guests, including coordination of arrivals and departures
- Cross referencing hotel lists with registration lists and flagging any issues related to registration.
- Maintaining the current inventory of Operations & Member Services and ordering new materials as required (e.g. name badges, lanyards, gifting, gifting bags, etc., with appropriate budgetary approval)
- Packing all needed material, banners, gifting, badges and office supplies for the event
- Arranging shipping of event supplies and materials to/from event sites
- Organizing, printing and assembling binders
- Create and organize name badges
- Attend all related meetings regarding Board and Session
- Support Event Staff on site
- Support Operations Assistant
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Team
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be enrolled in a degree or diploma program in Event Management, Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism that requires an internship for credit
- Self-starter, motivated and takes initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with timely or sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Some weekend work and travel will be required, lieu days will be provided for any weekend days worked
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
This internship will run from September 2018 – December 2018 with the possibility to stay until June. Flexible working hours may be considered. Please indicate your availability on your application.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 11, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.