Intern, Digital Analytics and User Experience
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to assist with digital analytics and content support under the supervision of its product specialist. This internship is a non‐paid position and will begin September of 2018. The right person will assist with analytics, content, social media and Canadian Olympic Club support during the winter sports season.
This internship will be undertaken from COC offices in Toronto, ON, at 250 Yonge St. Space, online connection and email address will be provided, we ask the intern to bring their own laptop.
The internship will ideally start in September of 2018. The duration is negotiable although the approximate time range will be September 2018 to late December 2018 at either a full time or part time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The COC digital analytics and user experience intern will be primarily responsible for assisting the team in gathering metrics. Tasks may include:
- Pull and analyze audience reports using social media listening tools and analytics platforms
- Work with external partners to help guide analytics-based strategy
Other responsibilities that may arise:
- Research best-in-class user experience techniques across the internet
- Work with web designers to help create optimal user experience for all digital products
- Support the digital team on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat & Twitter)
- Assist with the Olympic Club, and populating content for bi‐weekly e‐mail newsletters
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a Canadian degree or diploma program that requires an internship for course credit
- An interest in web, social analytics and metrics reporting
- An interest in website management and front-end web design
- An interest in mobile content strategy
- Any minor experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp or any social listening tools
- An understanding of the Canadian digital audience
- A passion for marketing and the social networking landscape
- Access to all necessary equipment, Adobe Photoshop a bonus
- Ability to follow direction with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
- Bilingualism (English and French) – not required
Please send your resume and blog, article and/or video samples by July 16, 2018 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.