Intern, Digital Content and Research
Be part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking a competent, self-starting, passionate, and hard-working individual to assist with digital content creation under clear direction from the COC’s Manager, Content and Research. This internship is a non-paid position and will begin in early September 2018.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a Canadian degree or diploma program that requires an internship for course credit
- Passion for sport and storytelling
- Strong journalistic writing ability with solid grammar skills
- Proven ability to create online content with a savvy understanding of the Canadian digital audience
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or experience with digital publishing
- A passion for marketing and the social networking landscape
- An eye for topical moments and trends
- Ability to follow direction with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a major asset
- Knowledge of Olympic sports and Canadian athletes a major asset
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create news-related and fan-focused web content
- Curate blog-style and list posts
- Write sports features, previews and recaps
- Edit historical information related to athletes, sports and Games
- Populate content for bi-weekly email newsletters
- Assist with the Canadian Olympic Club
- Interact with fans on social medal (Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Twitter)
This internship is a non-paid position and will ideally begin in early September 2018. The duration is negotiable, although the approximate time range will be September 4, 2018 to December 7, 2018, in either a full-time or part-time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
This internship will be undertaken at the COC offices in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge Street. A workspace and computer will be provided, but the intern will also be able to use their own laptop.
Please send all portfolios and resumes to email@example.com by July 16, 2018, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.