Intern, Digital Content and Research
Be part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking a competent, self-starting, passionate, and hard-working individual to assist with digital content creation under clear direction from the COC’s Manager, Content and Research. This internship is a non-paid position and will begin in early January 2019.
This internship will be undertaken at the COC offices in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge Street. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Create news-related and fan-focused web content
- Curate blog-style and list posts
- Write sports features, previews, and recaps
- Edit historical information related to athletes, sports and Games
- Populate content for bi-weekly email newsletters
- Assist with the Canadian Olympic Club
Interact with fans on social medal (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Passion for sport and storytelling
- Strong journalistic writing ability with solid grammar skills
- Proven ability to create online content with a savvy understanding of the Canadian digital audience
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or experience with digital publishing
- A passion for marketing and the social networking landscape
- An eye for topical moments and trends
- Ability to follow direction with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a major asset
- Knowledge of Olympic sports and Canadian athletes a major asset
This internship is a non-paid position and will ideally begin in early January 2019. The duration is negotiable, although the approximate time range will be January 7, 2019 to April 26, 2019, in either a full-time or part-time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
Please send all portfolios and resumes to email@example.com by November 7, 2018, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.