Intern, Education, Youth and Community Outreach (EYCO)
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
This position will support the Canadian Olympic Committee’s (COC) mandate, in particular increasing public awareness of and engagement toward the COC and the Canadian Olympic Movement. Reporting to the Program Manager, Olympic Education, the Intern will contribute to the following programs: Canadian Olympic School Program, OneTeam program, Olympic Day, and various other Olympic Education and Community Outreach projects. Through these initiatives, the Intern will help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with various COC stakeholders.
This internship will be placed at the COC Montreal office at: 500 René-Lévesque Ouest, Montréal, QC, H2Z 2A5
Fall 2018 (September-December 2018)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The COC Education, Youth and Community Outreach Intern would assist the Education team, with various tasks. Some of these responsibilities will include:
- Canadian Olympic School Program (COSP):
- Assist with the development, promotion and implementation of the 2018-2019 resources.
- Provide support with the management of the COSP inbox and web content.
- Provide website analytics reports and perform optimizations.
- Perform different administrative duties such as invoice management, product requests, etc.
- Manage promotional items inventory and support with new item creation.
- One Team:
- Assist in the promotion and awareness strategy of the One Team program.
- Support the execution of events throughout the calendar.
- Contribute to the #OneTeam blog and provide support to ambassadors in populating their content.
- Provide insights and research on new resources, tools, potential partners, etc.
- Marketing and Communications:
- Support various tasks related to education and community outreach initiatives.
- Contribute to the execution of the online communication and social media strategy and outputs.
- Provide social analytics reports and perform optimisations of Komak’s social media channels
- University student in Education, Communication, journalism or similar
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Passion for sports
- Proven proficiency in Web editing and excellent understanding of digital media
- Familiarity with WordPress and experience with digital publishing
- Passion for marketing and the social networking landscape
- Ability to extract and analyze digital and social media data
- Interest for the Olympic Movement and the promotion of its values
- Understanding of the Canadian Education system
- Ability to follow directions with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- A student attending a Canadian college/university who requires an internship for a course credit
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 23, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.