Intern, Film and Photography
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital Team at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to assist with video and photography content creation under the supervision of the video & digital media producer. This internship is a non‐paid position and will begin in January 2019. The right person will work closely in creating engaging content during the winter sports season.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
The internship will start in January of 2019. The duration is negotiable although the approximate time range will be January – April, 2019 at either a full time or part time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The film & photography production intern will be responsible for assisting in engaging Canadian sport fans through exciting and entertaining video and digital media content. Tasks may include:
- animate short graphics and titles for video content
- shoot prizing photography for Bell Olympic Club (photo)
- assist with video production / post production (shooting / editing / archiving)
- assist with story line research / archival footage
Additional responsibilities may arise reacting to sport news as it happens. The landscape is dynamic and fast changing.
- Passion for sport and visual storytelling
- Competent video editing in Adobe Premiere
- Competent in Adobe After Effects (video compositing, motion graphic design, text animation)
- Competent shooting video / photography (Cameras provided in-house include Sony FS5, Sony a7SII)
- Access to laptop and Adobe CC software (not mandatory you have your own but ideal)
- Proven ability to create digital content
- Ability to follow direction with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- Bilingualism (English and French) – not required
If interested, please send your resume and examples of your work (using links) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2018. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.