Intern, French Writer (Digital)
The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic values in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital Team at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to lead specific tasks related to digital media and assist other members of the Digital Team by following clear directions. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the production of French content for Olympique.ca as well as the COC’s various social media platforms. This internship is a part-time non-paid position.
This internship will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West.
The internship can start as early as September 2018 and will end in December 2018.
Please note that the COC is exclusively looking for a student who receives college or university credit for the internship.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write content that resonates with the French sports fans in Canada.
- Translate/adapt English texts using an informal and dynamic style that appeals to the French readership.
- Support the growth of our social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Support the management of our website.
- Must be enrolled in a Canadian degree or diploma program that requires an internship for course credit
- University/College student in journalism, communications or marketing
- Fluent in French (spoken and written)
- Functional English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the journalistic principles
- Passion for sports
- Proven proficiency in Web editing and excellent understanding of digital media
- Familiarity with WordPress and experience with digital publishing
- Passion for marketing and the social networking landscape
- Ability to follow directions with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of video editing
Please send your resume and blog, article and/or video samples by July 13, 2018 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.