Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Game Plan is a program dedicated to helping Canada’s best athletes excel on and off the field of play. It is a collaboration between the Canadian Olympic Committee, Canadian Paralympic Committee, Sport Canada and the Canadian Sport Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network. The Game Plan intern will gain a deep understanding of the Canadian sport system and the needs of athletes, the primary stakeholder of the system. They will be given a project to lead from start to finish that will help them leave equipped to work in a variety of sport organizations.
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
The department is seeking an intern for the Winter of 2020 (January to April).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
Special project: The successful candidate will get to help shape Game Plan’s programming. Using information already gathered during an extensive review the intern will be highly involved in the design and ideation of the next iteration of Game Plan programming. Specifically, they will help develop resources for athletes Game Plan is currently under-servicing. This will involve research, working with partners in sport and outside of sport to ensure best-in-class resources and practices are identified, presentations, budgeting and more.
The candidate will also be expected to be a member of the Game Plan team and fulfil the following duties.
- Assist with maintaining Mygameplan.ca an online platform for Game Plan athletes
- Lead monthly communications to Game Plan stakeholders via our newsletter – manage content collection and distribution
- Manage the email@example.com email account
- Contact management – update athlete and NSO contacts in database
- Assist with event logistics and organization
- Manage various external and internal athlete and stakeholder requests
- Assist with the management of various Game Plan programs and services
- Document and describe programs and services offered for all athletes in the Canadian sport ecosystem
- Support the creation of “program and services” guide for advisors
- Support other aspects of the Game Plan program as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a depth of work and experience in the following areas:
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- Editing, writing and proofreading skills (in English or French) are required
- Experience with Contentful and Mailchimp (or other e-mail campaign software) or Salesforce is desired
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Basic understanding of and interest in web/e-mail campaign analytics is strongly preferred
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Naturally creative and willing to contribute to existing projects and communications
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively individually and in a team
- Great sense of accountability
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines
- Understanding of Canadian and international sport landscape
- Familiarity with Canada’s Olympians, Paralympians and national team athletes
- Passion for sport and helping others
- General interest in amateur sport
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.