Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Sport Department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical, sport services and administrative coordination as the Games Planning Team prepares for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Cali 2021 Junior Pan American Games and the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games. This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION
Four (4) month placement (January to April 2020)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), some nights & weekends as required
Canadian Olympic Committee (Montreal Office)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Intern, Games would assist the Games Planning Team with various tasks including:
- Support logistics planning including accommodation, procurement, cargo, outfitting and transportation
- Support with site visit logistics and content compiling
- Support the preparation of event logistics (travel, content, registration, signage, gifting) for the Tokyo 2020 Team Operations & Preparation Seminars
- Working with Olympic Performance Managers to coordinate National Sport Organizations’ Games planning information: including day-by-day plans and functional area plans (such as accreditation, rate card, cargo, outfitting, travel, transportation, accommodation, agreements, sport entries, and Team Orientation Sessions)
- Assisting as required with other sport department projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Prior administrative and coordination experience
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail including finishing edits and formatting
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Database management skills
- Ability to work some weekends and weeknights is required
- Sense of humour
- Bilingual French and English (preferred)
This internship is a non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 5, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.