GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Sport Department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical, sport services and administrative coordination as the COC prepares for the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games, Lima 2019 Pan American Games, Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and Beijing 2018 Olympic Winter Games. This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION:
Four (4) month placement (September to December 2018)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), some nights & weekends as required
Canadian Olympic Committee (Montreal Office)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
The Intern would assist with various tasks including:
- Support Logistics planning for the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games including accommodation, procurement, cargo, rate card, outfitting, transportation, etc.
- Help with Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games NSF Logistics Agreement (NSFLA) compilation and financial wrap ups
- Support with planning of Lima 2019 Pan American Games outside of accommodation program
- Support with site visit logistics and content compiling for Beijing 2018 Olympic Winter Games in December.
- Event logistics (travel program, content, registration, signage, gifting, onsite assistance, etc.) for the Olympic LAB in December 2018.
- Working with Managers, Team Services to coordinate all NSF Games planning information: day-by-day plans, and functional area plans including but not limited to accreditation, rate card, cargo, outfitting, travel, transportation, accommodation, agreements, sport entries, site visits, Team Orientation Sessions etc.
- Assist – as required – with other sport department projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required for their program for course credit
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Prior administrative and coordination experience;
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail including finishing edits and formatting
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Database management
- Ability to work some weekends and weeknights is required
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
- Bilingual (preferred)
This internship is a non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 11th, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.