Intern, Graphic Design
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Team Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Team Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Brand department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to assist with graphic design. The intern will work with guidance and direction, reporting to the graphic designer. This internship is a non‐paid position. The right person will assist with creating content in anticipation of the 2019 Pan American Games in Lima and the Olympic Games, Tokyo 2020. There will be a mix of fan-facing and internal design work as projects vary in scope.
This internship will be undertaken from COC offices in Toronto, ON, at 250 Yonge St.
The internship will ideally start in January of 2019. The duration is negotiable although the approximate time range will be January 2019 to April 2019 at either a full time or part time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The COC graphic design intern will help with the creation of visually stunning content through its various platforms. Tasks may include:
- Contributing to all phases of the design process: research, ideation, concepts, design development and production
- Assisting with the development and execution of corporate, Team Canada, and partnered initiatives, experiences and campaign creative
- Designing static/motion graphic assets to be used on Team Canada social media platforms
- Creating feature images for stories on Olympic.ca
- Photo editing and research
- Design/update templates for PPT presentations, letterheads and business cards
- Other print collateral such as proposals, invitations and direct mail
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- High functioning knowledge of Adobe products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Excellent typography skills
- A readily available portfolio
- A quick learner with the ability to follow direction
- Known for tremendous attention to detail
- Deadline-driven performer in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for clean, consumer-friendly design
- Passion for sport marketing
- A working knowledge of web and social functionality
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Video editing
If interested, please send your resume and examples of your work (with links) to email@example.com by November 9, 2018. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.