Intern, Information Technology
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Working with Information Technology Team, the Intern, Information Technology will be responsible for providing on-site and remote support, maintenance and implementation of Information technology; primarily provides user support and training. The Intern will assist the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology functions by providing supportive services.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Provides ongoing routine technical support to existing information systems and applications
- Provides first level user support
- Identifies urgent support issues for elevation to tier 2.
- Maintains secure internet connectivity and networking; implements automation for customer connectivity and configuration requirements, system support and disaster recovery.
- Assists with; installs and maintains network security equipment; enforces security guidelines for access, passwords, and security levels.
- Responsible for the support and security of mobile devices and accounts
- Other responsibilities, as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Must be enrolled in a Canadian degree or diploma program in Information Technology or relevant field that requires an internship for credit
- Good communications skills, both oral & written
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Knowledge of or interest in sports and/or Information Technology
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Working knowledge of the following products: Microsoft Server family, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office,
- Sound technical, problem solving, and analytical abilities.
- Experience with a range of computer and networking software and hardware systems, web services, and related technologies; LAN/WAN layout and troubleshooting; infrastructure requirements and standards;
- Knowledge of mobile devices and how to manage and secure them
- Good knowledge of established internal and external IT standards and methodologies
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
This internship will run from january 2019 to april 2019. Flexible working hours would be considered, with a minimum of 21 hours (the equivalent of three working days) per week. Please indicate your availability on your application.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 7, 2018 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.