Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The system Excellence team at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual who aspires to better understand and work in the Canadian Sport System. This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual who seeks to understand the realities, operations and functioning of a National Sport Organization and gain real-time experience in the Olympic Movement. The NSO Services team directly supports the Chief Executive Offers of the 55 Olympic and Pan American Canadian Sport Organizations. If you are motivated, have a passion for sport and want to learn best practices in leadership and running a sports organization, then this position is for you! This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION
Four (4) month placement (January to April 2020)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), flexible
Canadian Olympic Committee (Montreal Office)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Intern, National Sport Organization Services would assist the NSO Services and System Excellence teams with various tasks including:
- Support in the daily needs of the Canadian Sport Organizations
- Support the management of the NSO Enhancement Initiative funding: reporting, budgeting and project management
- Support in the strategic planning of NSO enhancement 3.0 for the years 2021-2024
- Support with events and programming for the Women Emerging Leaders Development (WELD) program
- NSOHelp coordinate WELD monthly newsletters, events and CO-OP (Peer networking) calls
- Support the application process and then recognition and on-boarding of newly recognized sports Organizations
- Assisting as required with other team projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high-performance sport is an asset
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Desire to support the 55 Canadian National Sport Organizations
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail including finishing edits and formatting
- Eagerness to learn and to build relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual French and English (preferred)
- Embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
This internship is a non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 5, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.