The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
This position will support the Canadian Olympic Committee’s (COC) mandate, in particular increasing public awareness of and engagement toward the COC and the Canadian Olympic Movement. Reporting to the Manger, Education and Diversity and Inclusion, the Intern will contribute to the following programs: Canadian Olympic School Program, Olympic Day, Team Canada Champion Chats and various other Community Outreach projects. Through these initiatives, the Intern will help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with various COC stakeholders.
This internship will be placed at the COC Montreal office at: 500 René-Lévesque Ouest, Montréal, QC, H2Z 2A5
Winter 2019 (January-May 2020)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Olympic Education and Community Engagement Intern would assist, with various tasks. Some of these responsibilities will include:
- Canadian Olympic School Program (COSP):
- Assist with the promotion and implementation of COSP resources for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Provide support with the management of the COSP inbox and web content.
- Provide website analytics reports and perform optimizations.
- Perform different administrative duties such as invoice management, product requests, etc.
- Manage promotional items inventory and support with new item creation.
- Olympic Day:
- Assist in the registration portal management.
- Provide support to event hosts and athletes.
- Assist in the planning and execution of COC & partners’ events.
- Marketing and Communications:
- Support various tasks related to education and community outreach initiatives.
- Contribute to the execution of the online communication and social media strategy and outputs.
- Team Canada Champion Chats:
- Support with the logistics of the Team Canada Champion Chats
- Provide support to the athletes
- Participate in planning meetings
- University student in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Physical Education or similar
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Passion for sports
- Proven proficiency in Web editing and excellent understanding of digital media
- Familiarity with WordPress and experience with digital publishing
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
- Passion for marketing and the social networking landscape
- Ability to extract and analyze digital and social media data
- Ability to follow directions with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.