Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Sport Department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical, sport services and administrative coordination as the Olympic Performance Team prepares for the Lima 2019 Pan American Games, Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, San Diego 2019 ANOC Beach Games, Lausanne 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games and Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games. This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION
Four (4) month placement (January to April 2020)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), some nights & weekends as required
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
The Intern, Olympic Performance would assist the Olympic Performance Team with various tasks including:
As part of the COC’s role in onboarding new team members as part of the Olympic Pan and American Games Teams, each team will go through an orientation process. This involves being presented with a PowerPoint presentation, and other collateral material. It also could involve putting them through different workshops as part of our Games -ready preparation (toolkit) process. The role of the Olympic Performance intern is to support the Olympic Performance Management team in delivering this program in preparing the sports for the upcoming Lima Pan Am Games and Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Produce content, in the form of written texts, checklists, power points, charts, and graphic material for Olympic Orientations
- Support in the scheduling of Olympic Orientations for all the sports (calendar maintenance and Asana task assignments)
- Support in the logistical, audio-visual, and execution of Games-ready and orientation preparation events
- Prepare the material that the Olympic Performance Team might need when meeting with sports or partners (OTP reviews)
- Work with the project management tool Asana to organize OP projects
- General support to OP team
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Prior administrative and coordination experience
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail including finishing edits and formatting
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Database management skills
- Ability to work some weekends and weeknights is required
- Sense of humour
- Bilingual French and English (preferred)
This internship is a non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.