Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The communications department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking a competent, passionate and hard-working individual to assist the communications team in servicing the organization with photography. We are looking for someone eager to learn, listen, and strive in a fast-paced environment – someone who loves making ideas happen and contributing as a key teammate. The photography intern will report to the COC’s communications coordinator and will provide support to the team in order to meet key objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing a photo sourcing process for the organization
- Filing, naming and archiving Team Canada’s photos
- Servicing internal and external stakeholders with photo requests
- Creating photography-based content for @TeamCanadaPR
- Local assignments (TBD)
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in sports photography
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop/InDesign)
- Experience with a digital asset management platform
- Ability to write and speak French
JOB NOTES This internship is a non-paid position that will play an important role at the COC.
LOCATION: This internship will be undertaken from COC offices in Toronto, ON, at 250 Yonge St., Suite 3000.
TIMING: Start date January 9, 2020. The approximate end date will be dependent upon the number of hours required to complete the internship.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Please send all portfolios and resumes by November 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.