Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The marketing department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking a competent, passionate and hard-working individual to assist the communications team in servicing the organization with photography. We are looking for someone eager to learn, listen, and strive in a fast-paced environment – someone who loves making ideas happen and contributing as a key teammate. The photography intern will report to the COC’s communications coordinator and will provide support to the team in order to meet key objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing a photo sourcing process for the organization
- Filing, naming and archiving Team Canada’s photos
- Servicing internal and external stakeholders with photo requests
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in sports photography
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop/InDesign)
- Experience with a digital asset management platform (WebDam/Photo Mechanic)
- Ability to write and speak French
TIMING: This internship is a non-paid position and will ideally begin in early September 2019. The duration is negotiable, although the approximate time range will be September 2019 to December 2019, in either a full-time or part-time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability.
LOCATION: This internship will be undertaken at the COC offices in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. A workspace and computer will be provided, but the intern will also be able to use their own laptop.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Please send all portfolios and resumes by September 13, 2019 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.