Intern, Social Media
Be part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The Digital department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to assist with digital content creation and social media channels under clear direction from the COC’s Community Manager. This internship is a non-paid position and will begin in January 2019. The right person will fill an identified need for social media support at the COC.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Social media experience
- High-functioning knowledge of Adobe products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress
- Access to laptop with necessary software
- Experience with creating social media assets
- A passion for sport and social media
- Proven ability to create online visual content with a savvy understanding of the Canadian digital audience
- Strong writing skills
- A passion for sport marketing
- An eye for topical moments and trends
- Ability to follow direction with precise attention to detail
- Proven initiative and accountability (able to deliver on deadline)
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Knowledge of Olympic sports and Canadian athletes
- Experience with photography
- Experience with social listening tools
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Community management
- Creating and posting social media content
- Design topical image assets to be used on social media channels
- Create feature images for Olympic.ca
- Blog articles
- Assist with the Canadian Olympic Club
This internship is a non-paid position and will ideally begin in January 2019. The duration is negotiable, however must be available until the beginning of March 2019.
Please send all portfolios and resumes to email@example.com by November 7, 2018, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.