Intern, Sport Services
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Sport Department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical, sport technical tasks as the COC prepares for the Lima 2019 Pan American Games, Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, San Diego 2019 ANOC Beach Games, Lausanne 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games and Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games. This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION:
Four (4) month placement (January to April 2019)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), some nights & weekends as required
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
The Intern would assist with various tasks including:
- Support in the delivery of the Athlete Excellence Fund (AEF).
- Support in the maintenance of the COC’s Games database.
- Assist with the accreditation and sport entries processes for San Diego 2019 and Lausanne 2020.
- Assist – as required – with other sport department projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Must be a current student attending a Canadian college/university where an internship is required for their program
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Prior administrative and coordination experience;
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail including finishing edits and formatting
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Database management
- Ability to work some weekends and weeknights is required
- Sense of humour
- Bilingual (preferred)
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
This internship is a non-paid position for current students. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by November 7, 2018 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.