Be a part of building and growing a leading national sports brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Toronto office. Note: This role is currently remote in line with COC COVID guidelines, until further notice. The Manager, Brand role requires a uniquely skilled individual who will be responsible for developing, planning, executing, monitoring, and measuring key Canadian Olympic Team brand activities. Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing, the role is a key member of the team which has responsibility for marketing integration, brand development, positioning, activation, and governance. This individual should have a strong marketing background, with a preference to those familiar with the sport marketing industry or brand management. The role requires the ability to collaborate with key internal colleagues and COC marketing partners, manage external agency partners, and oversee multiple projects.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Brand Strategy & Planning
- Lead on-going brand strategy efforts, assessing all brand activation opportunities based on strategic fit, always ensuring each project contributes to the greater brand purpose
- Support the development of long-term strategic framework including brand vision, mission, positioning, and purpose.
- Establish key brand health metrics and set annual and quadrennial objectives accordingly
- Lead the organization’s understanding of audiences and develop and refine target consumer as informed by the strategic framework
- Work with Team Canada partners to develop collaborative programs that align with the brand strategic framework including pitching ideas, strategic planning, and execution.
- Brand Activation
- Lead campaign development including briefing agencies and evaluation of creative based on brand objectives
- Play a leadership role in the integration marketing process, serving as the initial intake of all cross-functional projects
- Lead internal ideation, development, and planning for all integrated marketing efforts within established budgets and timelines
- Serve as the primary point of contact for ongoing marketing agency relationships
- Oversee key partner and vendor relationships including creative partners, videographers/photographers and production suppliers
- Brand Advocacy & Leadership
- Act as a brand leader and advocate with all key internal/external stakeholders
- Working closely with the Lead Designer, manage the development and maintenance of brand use guidelines for all key internal/external stakeholders
- Establish and facilitate a forum for sharing key brand activities throughout the organization
- Monitor industry trends and recognition opportunities for the brand including award submissions
- Research & Insights
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an integrated market research framework for all COC marketing activities, including brand equity tracking
- Act as the primary liaison with research and insights partners, analyzing and reporting on key brand marketing activities and their respective business impacts
- Manage on-going marketing partnerships related research needs
- Media Planning
- Lead media planning for all brand marketing activities with an understanding of different media options and their potential impact
- Manage media partnerships and allocate inventory to appropriate projects
- Creative Process
- Assist in management of internal creative services function including intake of projects, adhering to timelines and budgets, creative development, collecting feedback, and production
- Ensure quality and consistency of all creative assets being produced for partners, owned channels, and internal functions
- Relationship Management
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including colleagues, agencies, and marketing partners
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
Education and Experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: brand, marketing, media, at brand and/or agency
- University degree in Marketing, Advertising, Sport Management, or related field an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) considered a strong asset
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Proven budget management skills
- Hard working, determined and tenacious
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with a drive for excellence
- Proven knowledge and understanding of brand strategy and communications
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships
- Capable of maintaining a balance between vision and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect & Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by February 24, 2021 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.