Paris 2024 Hospitality Lead (Independent Contractor)
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC’s Brand & Commercial Management & the Canadian Olympic Foundation (COF) is seeking an individual to work on a freelance basis to lead coordination of the COC / COF’s hospitality efforts in the lead up to and during the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. Working under clear direction from the Senior Director, Partnerships, Business Development and Commercial Affairs, this individual is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of an enterprise approach to hospitality to ensure efficiency in execution and best-in-class programming. This includes the development, management and monitoring of high-end hospitality experiences required for key stakeholder groups (i.e., Marketing Partners, Donors, and other key stakeholders).
Remote work with occasional work in the COC offices in Toronto at 25o Yonge Street, Suite 3000.
This is an 18-month part-time freelancer contract.
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND PRIORITIES
Strategic Planning and Coordination
- Responsible for providing subject matter expertise into the overall COC / COFs hospitality enterprise plan for Paris 2024 Hospitality – including review of the programs to date and leading the future direction of the COC & COF programs
- Conduct stakeholder journey mapping to showcase the user’s journey in the lead up to and during the Games (i.e., pre-Games invitations / gifting, flights, arrival, experience on-site, post Games)
- Lead the implementation of all aspects of the user journey on an enterprise basis (i.e., coordination of logistics, communication with stakeholders)
- Lead the private hospitality bookings process for Canada Olympic House
- Management of the hospitality plan to budget
- Serve as the main lead / liaison with the COC / COFs hospitality provider to deliver best in class hospitality experiences
- Work closely with all relevant departments (i.e., COF, Partnerships, Brand & Digital, Sport Business & Sustainability) to ensure stakeholder needs are considered & delivered upon
- Coordinate with key individuals of Marketing Partners and Donors (when appropriate) to ensure a seamless experience
At Games Execution
- Working closely with the COC / COFs hospitality provider, execute the COC & COFs hospitality programs in Paris from start to finish
- Solve Games Time challenges in a cost-efficient manner to ensure for an optimal and high-end stakeholder experience
- Coordinate with the Canada Olympic House team & Business team lead to ensure seamless integration into COC Games operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience in Events Marketing, Hospitality, or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including demonstrated hospitality management at the Olympic Games or other multi-sport properties
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian Sport System, Games environment and/or the COC
- Strong project management skills and ability to develop and implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally with a diverse range of stakeholders, contexts, and audiences
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with the Google Suite of tools and with web portals
- Positive mindset and in solution mode
- Bilingualism (FR/EN), a strong asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
- Travel for Games related activities such as site visits and Olympic Preparation events
- Travel for Games (approx. 3-4 weeks during Paris 2024 Olympic Games window)
- Work some evenings and weekends
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 31, 2023, to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected to move forward in the proposal process will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.