Paris 2024: Team Canada Volunteer Program Overview
The Olympic Games represents a unique opportunity not only for our Canadian athletes but for an individual, such as you, to assist Team Canada by volunteering with the Canadian Olympic Committee during the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
For Paris 2024, Team Canada is seeking volunteers in the following areas:
- Canada Olympic House
- Business Team Operations
Team Canada volunteers must be 18 years of age as of July 1, 2024, and successfully complete a background check conducted in accordance with applicable COC policies. We will use electronic communication to share important information.
TEAM CANADA VOLUNTEERS:
- Will be required to join informative conference calls prior to the Games.
- Will be properly briefed and trained prior to the commencement of their assignments by their respective Games operational lead.
- Will be provided with a lunch or dinner when working through a meal time; complimentary snacks and beverages will be available throughout their shift.
- Will be provided with a small kit of Lululemon clothing.
- Are invited to attend the Volunteer Recognition Event.
- Will not receive any remuneration.
VOLUNTEERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Organizing, arranging and covering all costs related to travel (taxi, car rental, train, plane, gas, etc.) and accommodation (hotels, motels, hostels, apartments, houses, etc.) to and within Paris.
- Meals when not working a volunteer shift.
- Transportation to and from their volunteer assignments (public transportation, parking, etc.).
NOTE: Volunteers with the Canadian Olympic Team are not accredited by the Organizing Committee, will not have access to competition/event tickets and will not march in the Opening or Closing Ceremony.
The application process will help the candidate and the COC determine the best match between your skill set and knowledge and Team Canada’s volunteer needs.
Stage 1: Complete and submit the Volunteer Application Form. Launching April 2023.
Stage 2: The volunteer selection committee will review all applications and determine the successful candidates who will move forward to the to the interview portion of the application process. This asynchronous video interview will deliver written questions that we have crafted specifically for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
Stage 3: The selection committee will review all recorded interviews and determine the best fit for each volunteer. Factors taken into consideration will include:
- The number of volunteers the Canadian Olympic Committee requires for specific positions.
- Skill set, knowledge and familiarity with the functional area you have applied for.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fluid environment.
- Ability to commit to no less than one week of work and preferably for the entire Games period.
Stage 4: Successful applicants will be contacted and advised which functional area they have been assigned.
Stage 5: Upon confirmation of the role, the successful volunteer will receive the Team Canada Volunteer Policies and Procedures document. Upon receipt, you will be asked the following information:
- Confirm your commitment to the Team.
- Acknowledge and commit to your role and accountability vis-à-vis your position.
- Confirm the dates and times you are available to volunteer (which must mirror at least 85% of the availability noted on your Volunteer Application Form).
- Return your signed Local Volunteer Agreement Form.
- Provide us with a Police Record Check completed by your local law enforcement agency from the last 6 months.
Note/Stage 6: As part of the security screening process for volunteers working with Team Canada, you may be asked to provide further personal information.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED INTEREST IN REPRESENTING THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT.