Philanthropic Manager, Event Giving
Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high performance sport. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical and coaching needs of Canada’s high performance sport system and assist Canada’s athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation.
The Philanthropic Manager, Event Giving is a dynamic individual who drives revenue through fantastic special events, and supports the work of the Canadian Olympic Foundation (COF) by managing incredible donor and third-party events. Reporting to the CEO, the Philanthropic Manager, Event Giving is a self-starter who is organized, tenacious and creative with a drive to raise funds and has a keen passion for innovation. As the primary lead for all events, the Philanthropic Manager, Event Giving determines the event scope, logistics, reporting, budget, promotions, catering, AV, vendor relationships, rentals and volunteer recruitment.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Lead the planning, development, budgeting, management and execution of annual fundraising and donor stewardship events with a target of $1M raised annually.
- Work with Foundation staff, COF Board and volunteers to develop and support the execution of comprehensive events in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship across Canada and internationally.
- Serve as relationship manager for all vendors, city authorities and venue contacts to secure permits and coordinate logistics.
- Oversee the implementation of all elements of all events.
- All tasks and responsibilities for the role will be integrally tied into the “12-Week Year” process the Foundation undertakes quarterly to plan, action and reflect on its work.
- Report on event progress and results and ensure that all event-related data is recorded.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of special events related work experience and execution
- Incredible writing and exceptional design sense
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and works well independently as well as collaboratively
- Self-assured, polished, flexible and works well under pressure
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance several projects at the same time and strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with establishing and leading teams that consist of internal and external resources
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) considered a strong asset
- Database proficiency and at analyzing, interpreting and presenting data
- Flexibility in working hours and travel
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect & Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 17, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.