Project Manager, Digital Partnerships (18-month Contract)
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Canadian Olympic Committee is looking for a Project Manager to join its Digital Team. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Partnerships and Monetization, the Project Manager, Digital Partnerships provides leadership and day-to-day management for Team Canada’s partner digital programs across all owned digital channels — social, web, app, email, and more. This role will play a key role in executing, monitoring, optimizing and measuring the success of partners’ digital activations. This individual is detail-oriented and can lead cross-functional relationships, both internally within the COC and externally with Partners and vendors. This position plays a key communication role within the broader Brand & Commercial Management (B&CM) team between the Digital team and the B&CM team.
This is an 18-month contract role, spanning from approximately May 2023 through November 2024.
This position will be located at either the COC headquarters in Toronto, ON, at 250 Yonge St. or in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West. We offer a hybrid work model that allows for up to three days of remote work each week.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Serve as project lead to ensure all digital partnership activations & campaign deliverables are met both on time, on budget, and meets KPIs, where set
- Serve as project manager overseeing all digital partnerships projects including workback schedule development, internal and external kickoff, distribution, execution, and reporting
- Collaborate with digital, brand marketing, marketing partnerships, and vendor partners in the execution of digital activations to drive value for Team Canada fans and partners alike
- Work with external vendors on project quotes in pre-production project stage
- Brief-in and oversee digital partner design requirements with brand team
- Keep track of partners’ remaining contractual obligations and develop opportunities for turnkey activations
- Help the Manager, Digital Partnerships and Monetization in developing workflow and set-up of partner programs for Paris 2024
- Support digital partnerships and monetization efforts as directed by the Manager, Digital Partnerships
Media & Paid Social
- Serve as the project lead overseeing all digital partnerships paid social efforts and work with the product team for partner media placement/distribution within Team Canada channels
Analytics & Reporting
- Collaborate with the Data & Analytics team to set-up project tracking and reporting, all digital & partnership deliverables
- Working with the Data & Analytics team, set up campaign specific tracking and produce reports as required both partners and other key stakeholders
- Where applicable, present post-reports to Partners
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field is preferred
- 4 – 5 years of relevant experience
Skills and Abilities
- Management skills, including planning, project management, problem solving, and leadership
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional, both internal and external teams, towards project objectives
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently while adjusting to shifting priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work with loose supervision and able to deliver on budget and deadline
- Strong time management
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken
- Computer skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Passion for sport and partnership storytelling an asset
- Knowledge of Olympic sports and Canadian athletes an asset
- Bilingualism (English & French) a strong asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 31, 2023 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.