Technical Support Specialist
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Information Technology, the Technical Support Specialist provides on-site and remote support, maintenance and implementation of information technology; primarily provides user support and training. They assist and support other Information Technology team members for the purpose of back up, issue resolution, and to do other work as required.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON, at 250 Yonge St., Suite 3000. The COC offers a hybrid work model that allows for up to three days of remote work each week.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Provide ongoing routine technical support to existing information systems and applications
- Provide first and second level user support and training
- Identify urgent support issues for elevation to tier 3
- Maintain secure internet connectivity and networking; implements automation for customer connectivity and configuration requirements, system support and disaster recovery
- Assist with the implementation of data security standards and practices for the protection of computer resources, data confidentiality and integrity; installs and maintains network security equipment; enforces security guidelines for access, passwords, and security levels
- Responsible for the support and security of mobile devices and accounts
- Train staff on computer software to minimize repeat questions
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary education in computer science or demonstrated equivalent experience with specialization in technical support
- 1-3 years of IT experience
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the following products: Microsoft Server family, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office
- MCSA/MCITP/ AWS Professional Certificates/ designations are a benefit
- Sound technical, problem solving and analytical abilities
- Experience with a range of computer and networking software and hardware systems, web services, and related technologies; LAN/WAN layout and troubleshooting; infrastructure requirements and standards; computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Good knowledge of mobile devices and how to manage and secure them
- Good knowledge of established internal and external IT standards and methodologies
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bilingual in English and French, an asset
- Good customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 30, 2023 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.