GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Technician, Multimedia and Audiovisual (P/T) will provide part-time support and maintenance of the audio visual and digital interactives for the Olympic Experience in Montreal in addition to proving an exceptional customer service to our visitors. They will provide these services across a range of areas for the exhibitions, and will work closely together with Canadian Olympic Committee staff and other Olympic Experience staff.
This is a part-time temporary position that will regularly work weekends, and evenings, if required.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Regular inspection and maintenance of the systems, installations, equipment and AV/multimedia (interior and exterior).
- Maintain cleanliness and security of the equipment and the areas around the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technology issues.
- Serve as the technology point of contact and communicate relevant information to users of the Experience, as required.
- Support corporate event AV-rentals.
- Participate in the scheduled maintenance and servicing of equipment and log all activity.
- Provide support for operations logistics.
- Daily opening, testing and closing of the Olympic Experience.
- Welcome and guide the visitors, and provide customer service
- Ensure the safety of the public and the installations.
- Transport materials and special equipment when needed.
- Other administrative tasks as necessary (ex. support to other Olympic Experience staff).
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Technical degree in Audiovisual or equivalent, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role, including experience in the museum sector
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with a range of technical, multimedia and AV systems
- Sound technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills in both French and English
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours when needed
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC Values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 14, 2019 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.