About Wrestling Canada Lutte:
Wrestling Canada Lutte (WCL) is the national sport governing body for Olympic style wrestling in Canada. Working in collaboration with our partners, WCL supports the development and growth of wrestling in Canada. Among its responsibilities, the association selects and prepares Canada’s teams that participate in international competitions including Continental Championships, World Championships and major multi-sport Games (ie. Olympic Games).
WCL is seeking a High Performance Coordinator (HPC) who has a true passion for Olympic sport with a proven track record of supporting successful high performance programs. As a member of the HP team, the HPC will work in close collaboration with the High Performance Director (HPD) and in concert with WCL staff members, advisory committees and key stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of a world-class high performance program and help foster and sustain a culture of performance excellence. More specifically, the HPC is responsible for supporting the High Performance Director (HPD) with executing WCL’s high performance plan, including managing and operating WCL’s high performance and NextGen programs (senior, U23, junior, and cadet national teams).
The position is based in Ottawa at the National Office.
This is a full-time position with an available benefits package as outlined in the WCL Human Resource policies. Some travel required domestically. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The HPC has the authority to act and take measures that are necessary in the daily operation of the association’s high performance programs within the parameters of approved policy and the annual operating budget for the Association.
Reporting Structure / Supervision:
The HPC reports and is accountable to the HPD. The HPC also liaises closely with the IST Manager,
coaches, athletes, other WCL staff, and WC’s High Performance Advisory Committee (HPAC).
1. Athlete Services
Athlete Assistance Program:
• Coordinate the development of AAP carding criteria.
• Liaise with Sport Canada on all AAP related matters.
• Ensure athlete compliance and manage all AAP related matters.
• Liaise with the CCES on all anti-doping related matters.
• Ensure athlete compliance (eg. Whereabouts) and manage all anti-doping program related
Funding Grants and Nominations:
• Liaise and manage HP funding and grant programs (eg. Investors Group, Petro-Canada Excellence
• Other, as necessary
2. HP Program & Event Coordination
International Team Programs:
• Coordinate the development and implementation of International Team policies and agreements
• Coordinate international team selection and oversee the delivery of all aspects of international
team programming (team logistics)
• Support logistical functions and team operations for major Games
• In collaboration with the IST Coordinator, coordinate the delivery of all aspects of IST support
• Support the IST Team in delivery of their functions including followthrough from meetings
• Gold Medal Profile (GMP) Camps
• International Team Camps (domestic)
• Event support at WCL Canadian Championships
• Other, as directed
• Support the HPD in PTSO/NSO alignment of HP activities
3. HP Program Administration & Planning
• Support the HPD in the development of HP annual and quadrennial plans, including OTP review
• Prepare HP program reporting documentation to WCL stakeholders
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of HP budgets
• Support the HPD in the development and implementation of HP program accountability measures, including the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the HP system (athletes, coaches, IST, etc.)
4. Other Duties:
• Perform other duties as requested
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Post-secondary education in Sport Science, Sport Management, Business Administration or other
• 3-5 years experience in a high performance sport role
• Proven organizational, management, administrative and financial skills, with the ability to deliver
on objectives and performance targets
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and take
initiative when addressing challenges
• Ability to effectively organize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
• Execute sound judgement in decision-making
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team in the pursuit of common goals; ability to
build positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and partners
• Knowledge of the Canadian High Performance Sport System including Sport Canada, Own the
Podium, the Canadian Olympic Committee and National Sport Institutes
• Having the ability to work effectively in both English and French is an asset
How To Apply:
If you believe you have the required qualifications and have a passion for sport, please submit your resume, covering letter, and salary expectations, in confidence, to the Interim High Performance
Director (email@example.com) by February 28th, 2019. Please indicate “HIGH PERFORMANCE COORDINATOR” in the subject line of your email.
This application deadline may be extended at the discretion of WCL. We thank all candidates in advance. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted and invited to interview. Interviews
are tentatively scheduled for the week of March 11, 2019. Candidates would ideally be able to begin duties on April 1, 2019 or sooner, including the possibility of attending the 2019 Junior / Senior
Canadian Championships in Saskatoon, from March 21-24, 2019.
WCL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
THIS POSITION IS MADE POSSIBLE WITH FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA.