The Canadian Olympic Activity Challenge Cards encourage and motivate kids to be active for 60 minutes a day. They will be introduced to over 25 different sports featured in the Summer and Winter Olympic Games, while developing an understanding of the Olympic values of friendship, excellence and respect through physical education.
Download the Challenge Card.
Each Challenge Card, includes a variety of activities:
- A basic definition of the sport, including its origins and inclusion in the Olympic Games,
- Three physical activities that can be done in the gymnasium, classroom or outside,
- A classroom activity to allow teachers to connect the physical activities to various subjects, and
- An Instant Activity to get the heart pumping.
At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental sport skills required in artistic swimming;
- Increase their knowledge of artistic swimming, including the history, sport highlights, and a featured Team Canada athlete