The Canadian Olympic Committee leads the achievement of Team Canada’s podium success and advances Olympic values across Canada.
Independent and predominantly privately funded, the COC delivers the resources that Canada’s elite athletes need to perform at their best and give their everything every day.
By sharing our athletes’ stories, we inspire all Canadians through the power of sport: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The COC is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including:
- Canada’s participation in the Olympic, Pan American and Youth Olympic Games;
- Selecting and supporting Canadian cities in bids to host Olympic, Olympic Winter and Pan American Games;
- Managing a wide variety of cultural and educational programs promoting Olympic values across Canada.
As the backbone of Canada’s Olympic movement, the COC works with National Sport Federations to prepare Team Canada for the Olympic, Youth Olympic and Pan American Games.
As one of the founding partners of the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network, the COC is dedicated to providing athletes with the most comprehensive services available. These range from offering career counseling to stress management and much more. The COC is also continually developing new services for the future so our athletes can work, train and live to be their very best.
Growing the Olympic Movement in Canada
The COC is an internationally recognized leader. We work to promote sport as a positive and powerful force for all Canadians. In so doing, the COC helps ensure that sport continues to contribute to Canadians’ physical, social and moral development from coast to coast to coast.
Defined by the extent to which the COC is able to energize and engage Canadians in the Olympic Movement, enhance the Canadian Olympic Brands in Canada and sustain a reliable source of revenue to sustain all activities of the COC, we will:
- Build the Olympic Brand and elevate its place in the Canadian psyche
- Grow education, awareness and participation in sport in Canada
- Promote the values of Olympism