PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY.
The Canadian Olympic Committee (“COC”) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to transforming Canada through the power of sport. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic, Youth Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada.
The Canadian Olympic Foundation (“COF”) is a national registered charity whose mission is to generate support to meet the technical, scientific, medical and coaching needs of Canada’s high performance sport system and assist Canada’s athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation.
1. Your Use of this Website
2. Intellectual Property
3. User Comments or other submissions
All comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed to the COC/COF on this Website or otherwise disclosed, submitted, or offered in connection with your use of this Website (“Comments”) are the sole property of the COC/COF. Any submission of any Comments of the Website represents an assignment to the COC/COF of all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the Comments. The COC/COF is under no obligation to (1) maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) compensate any user for any Comments submitted; or (3) respond to any user Comments. No Comments submitted on this Website may violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights and no Comments may contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, or obscene material. The COC/COF may use or disclose information about demographics and use of this Website in any manner that does not reveal users’ identity. By participating in Website sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or requesting promotional information or updates, you agree that the COC/COF may use information you provide for promotional purposes.
4. Social Media
- post, transmit, or otherwise make available through or in connection with this Website or social media page/group:
- Anything that is or may be (i) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful, intimidating; or violent (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent; (iv) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (v) protected by copyright, trade mark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right;
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as “hacking,” cracking,” or “phreaking”; or
- Any material or non-public information about a company without the proper authorization to do so;
- use this Website/social media page/group to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users;
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of the COC/COF, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Website; or express or imply that the COC/COF endorse any statement you make;
- restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Website (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Website);
- use the Website to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without the COC/COF’s express prior written consent;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Website;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Website or materials originating from the Website;
- frame or mirror any part of the Website without COC/COF’s express prior written consent;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing Website content;
- engage in ambush marketing, unauthorized commercial purposes or criticize products or services;
- post URLs to off topic personal websites;
- advocate or encourage the use or selling of drugs, alcohol or tobacco; or
- disclose information that appears to breach a duty of confidence.
5. Maps and Mapping Products
Maps and mapping products made available by the COC/COF on the Website may not be reproduced in whole or in part (including the creation of electronic or mechanical copies for storage or distribution) without the written authorization of the COC/COF and the COC/COF shall have no responsibility or liability for any loss (direct, consequential or otherwise) which may arise from any reliance on any such maps. The description or appearance of any feature (or lack thereof) in any such maps does not imply any commitment or agreement to the actual inclusion (or absence) of such feature.
The Website is provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. The Website is not guaranteed to be error-free or uninterrupted. The COC/COF assumes no responsibility and provides no warranties, representations, guarantees or conditions, express or implied (either in fact or by operation of law) or statutory, including, without limitation, with respect to the quality, accuracy, truth, timeliness, sequence, completeness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or continued availability of the Website.
The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other web sites or resources. Because the COC/COF has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the COC/COF is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the COC/COF shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such external site or resource.
7. Limitation of Liability
None of the COC, COF, any of their directors, members, employees, volunteers or agents may be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including without limitations loss of use, profits and/or data, whether in contract, responsibility or otherwise, arising out or in any manner connected with this Websites or its content, including without limitations any damages caused by or resulting from the reliance on any information obtained on this Website, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions of files and/or emails, errors, defects, viruses, delays or failure, whether or not resulting from force majeure, whether in an action in contract, responsibility, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Website, its content or the materials contained in or accessed through this Website, including without limitation any damages caused by or resulting from reliance by user on any information obtained from the COC/COF, or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of god, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to COC/COF’s records, programs or services. In no event shall the aggregate liability of the COC/COF arising out of or relating to the use of this Website exceed any compensation you pay, if any, to the COC/COF for access to or use of this Website.
The COC/COF welcomes your comments regarding the Website. You can provide any such comments at the following email address: email@example.com. Unfortunately, the COC/COF will not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials other than those it has specifically requested. Accordingly, we ask that you do not send us any such materials. If, despite this request, you do send us creative materials or other information, you agree not to assert any ownership right or legal right to or control over your submission (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade mark, moral rights, or implied contract) and you waive the right to receive any financial or other consideration in connection with such unsolicited submission including, but not limited to, an acknowledgment or credit.
11. Waiver and Severability of Terms
12. Statute of Limitations
13. Governing Law