The Canadian Olympic Committee leads the achievement of the Canadian Olympic Team’s podium success and advances Olympic values in Canada.
Independent and predominantly privately funded, the Canadian Olympic Committee delivers resources that Canada’s elite athletes need to perform at their best and give their everything every day.
The backbone of Canada’s Olympic movement, the Canadian Olympic Committee works with National Sport Federations to prepare the Team for the Olympic, Youth Olympic and Pan American Games.
By sharing our athletes’ stories, we inspire all Canadians through the power of sport: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The COC is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including:
- Canada’s participation in the Olympic, Pan American and Youth Olympic Games;
- Managing a wide variety of cultural and educational programs promoting Olympic values in Canada;
- Additional grassroots programs where communities develop and promote the Olympic values at all levels;
- Selecting and supporting Canadian cities in bids to host Olympic, Olympic Winter and Pan American Games.
As one of the founding partners of Canadian Sport Centres across Canada, the COC is dedicated to providing athletes with the most comprehensive services available. These range from offering career counseling to stress management and much more. The COC is also continually developing new services for the future so our athletes can work, train and live to be their very best.
The COC is an internationally recognized leader in the fields of marketing and education. We work to promote sport as a positive and powerful force for all Canadians. In so doing, the COC will help ensure that sport continues to contribute to Canadians’ physical, social and moral development from coast to coast to coast.
The COC, as the NOC in Canada, will provide the leadership for podium success, which is defined as Canada meeting the following targets in terms of total medal count at Olympic Games:
- Winter: In contention for #1
- Summer: Top 12 in 2012, Top 8 in 2020/2024 (aligned with G8)
Advancing the Olympic Movement in Canada
Defined by the extent to which the COC is able to energize and engage Canadians in the Olympic Movement, enhance the Canadian Olympic Brands in Canada and sustain a reliable source of revenue to sustain all activities of the COC, we will:
- Build the Olympic Brand and elevate its place in the Canadian psyche
- Grow education, awareness and participation in sport in Canada
- Promote the values of Olympism