Be Olympic 2022
The Be Olympic 2022 curriculum features three weeks of learning activities based on the values of perseverance, respect, and teamwork. Although each day of the week will focus on the same value, each day will feature a different athlete and explore what the value means to them. The objective is to approach the value in various ways, and to encourage the students to engage with each Olympian’s perspective. The weeks are structured as follows:
- DAY 1 features an overview of the value and a short video with one of our Canadian Olympic School Program Ambassadors. They will explain what the value means to them, and discussion and journaling activities will help the students begin to engage with the value.
- DAY 2-4 each include the story of a new Olympian and how it relates to the week’s value theme. The curriculum includes the story, a learning activity, a short science, technology, engineering, mathematics (S.T.E.M.) article related to the athlete’s sport or story, a trivia question, and a physical activity linked to the Olympian’s sport. This includes 20-40 minutes of classroom activity and up to 20 minutes of physical activity.
- DAY 5 wraps up of the week with a debrief of the value and a short video by one of our Canadian
Olympic School Program Ambassadors.
- Download the Be Olympic 2022 resource by value or the full package for a complete three-week classroom resource.
- Each week, explore a value daily with your students through videos, athlete stories and accompanying learning activities.
At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Better understanding perseverance and being resilient through mentally trying times,
- Describe how respect is exhibited to others,
- Build skills to work well in teams.